Dental Implants in Spring Hill, TN
Restoring Your Stunning Smile at Dentistry by Design
Are you tired of feeling self-conscious about your missing or damaged teeth? Do you want to restore your smile and self-confidence with a permanent solution? Dental implants may be the answer you're looking for. Dental implants at Dentistry of Spring Hill, TN, offer a long-lasting and natural-looking solution to replace missing teeth, improve oral health, and restore self-esteem.
Read Dr. Richard Robinette’s guide to learn about the benefits of dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth or bridge. They’re generally titanium or other materials compatible with the human body and fuse with the bone over time through a process called osseointegration. Dental implants are a popular solution for those who have lost one or more teeth due to injury, disease, or decay, as they provide a stable and long-lasting foundation for replacement teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, restoring your smile and confidence.
- Long-Lasting Solution: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a cost-effective solution in the long run.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants prevent bone loss and preserve the surrounding teeth, improving oral health.
- Improved Speech: Dental implants allow you to speak clearly, without worrying about slippage or discomfort.
- Improved Comfort: Unlike dentures, dental implants don't require adhesives or other uncomfortable accessories, providing a comfortable and natural solution.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The first step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Robinette in Spring Hill, TN, to determine if dental implants are the right solution for you. Once you've decided to proceed with dental implants, your Spring Hill, TN, dentist will develop a personalized treatment plan based on your specific needs and preferences.
Placement & Healing
At your placement appointment, we’ll begin by administering dental sedation to keep you calm and pain-free during the surgery. Dr. Robinette will place a titanium post into your jawbone to serve as the new tooth's root. The implant will then need time to heal and fuse with the jawbone. During this time, you’ll wear a temporary restoration to protect your healing gums.
Healing & Finalization
Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, your dentist will place an abutment (connector piece) on the implant to support the new tooth. To finish the process, Dr. Robinette will attach a crown to the abutment, which will serve as your new tooth, providing a natural-looking and long-lasting solution.
Caring for Dental Implants
Caring for dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth. Here are some tips to help you care for your dental implants in Spring Hill, TN:
- Brush and Floss Regularly: Just like natural teeth, you should brush and floss your dental implants regularly to remove plaque and bacteria that can lead to gum disease and other oral health problems.
- Use an Antibacterial Mouthwash: Antibacterial mouthwash can help kill bacteria and keep your implants and surrounding teeth clean and healthy.
- Avoid Hard or Sticky Foods: Hard or sticky foods can damage dental implants and surrounding teeth. Instead, stick to softer foods and chew on the opposite side of your mouth from your dental implants.
- Attend Regular Dental Check-Ups: Regular check-ups with your dentist can help detect any issues with your dental implants early and prevent them from becoming more serious.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking can increase your risk of developing gum disease and other oral health problems, often leading to implant failure. Quitting smoking can help improve the long-term success of your dental implants.
Frequently Asked Questions
▼Are dental implants painful?
Dentists often recommend dental sedation for the dental implant procedure so you won't feel pain. Afterward, you may experience some swelling and discomfort, but patients can usually manage it with over-the-counter pain medications.
▼How long do dental implants last?
With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. This care includes practicing good oral hygiene, such as brushing and flossing regularly and visiting your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
▼Are dental implants expensive?
The cost of dental implants varies depending on the number of implants needed and the type of implants that are best for you. However, in the long term, dental implants can be more cost-effective than other tooth replacement options, as they’re more durable and require less maintenance.
▼How long does it take to get dental implants?
The process of getting dental implants can vary from patient to patient. Factors such as the number of teeth being replaced and the condition of the patient's gums and jawbone can impact the length of the procedure. Generally, the process takes between three and six months.
Visit Dentistry By Design to Learn More
If you're looking to restore your smile and regain confidence, dental implants at Dentistry By Design in Spring Hill, TN, could be the solution you've been looking for. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing high-quality care tailored to meet your unique needs. Call 931-771-8500 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward a healthier, happier smile.
What are you looking for?For the Quality Care You Deserve
Please call 931-771-8500 if you are in need of urgent dental care!
Spring Hill, TN 37174
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00PM
The staff are welcoming, professional, and kind. I will refer anyone to them. The atmosphere of the place makes you relaxed.-L.J.
The whole staff is very friendly and experienced. I am always treated great. Dr Robinette is the best!!-J.P.
I cannot tell you the positive change in self-esteem new teeth have allowed me to experience. It has been worth every penny.-L.H.