Spring Hill Dental Crowns
We Can Restore Your Smile!
If you have a cracked, chipped, or missing tooth, a dental crown can offer a workable and natural-looking way to restore your smile. Dental crowns restore form and function to your teeth, allowing you to eat, talk, and smile without worrying how you look or whether your teeth will hold up.
At Dentistry by Design, we serve the Spring Hill area of Tennessee, offering general, emergency, pediatric, and cosmetic dentistry using the latest techniques and equipment. Our office is meant to make you feel safe and comfortable, and all of our dental services can be tailored to your needs. This includes dental crowns. We use crowns in different areas of our practice to help you maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.
Interested in learning more about crowns or our other services? Call (931) 771-8500 today!
Why Are Dental Crowns Used?
Dental crowns can serve various purposes. A crown may be used to:
- Protect a weak tooth
- Repair a cracked or chipped tooth
- Restore a tooth that is severely worn down
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a discolored or misshapen tooth
Types of Dental Crowns
At Dentistry by Design in Spring Hill, we offer porcelain and gold crowns, although porcelain is most commonly used in today’s dental offices:
- Porcelain crowns are the most common type of crown. These crowns look like real teeth. Porcelain is harder than enamel and may cause excessive wear of the enamel of opposing teeth. They also may break with extreme biting forces.
- Gold crowns are made using dental gold, which is 60% gold alloy, made to match the hardness of the enamel of opposing teeth. Gold does not tarnish or corrode, and has bacteria inhibiting qualities. Gold crowns are durable and not prone to cracking. However, gold crowns are typically noticeable and are therefore not often used unless for lower back molars.